HOW TO PACK
1. GET YOUR BOX OUT
• You can put your box in a prominent position where it will be easily seen by friends, family, or church members.
• Announce it in the church bulletin, Facebook, Tweet about it #boxofblessing
3. FILL THE BOX
• Shipping CARGO (by sea/ship) has UNLIMITED weight!
• MAXIMIZE the space by:
a) removing items from unnecessary boxes (like toothpaste boxes)
b) if you are sending clothes, don't send the hangers
c) Band-aids/gauze? You can fit about 3 boxes of band-aids in one box
d) If you need filler material, throw in a towel or blanket rather than bubblewrap
• Note the picture of the sandals on the left, they are stacked in such a way to fit in as many as possible.
• Try to create a sense of organization rather than just items tossed in a box.
TIP: Please seal and secure all the edges of the top and bottom of the box with packaging tape. There is no such thing as too much tape. Even hit the corners with the tape for good measure. These boxes are going on a long boat ride and will get banged around, but eventually, all of them have made it.
4. SCHEDULE FREE PICKUP
Most companies offer a FREE pick-up service unless your location is a bit far within reason.
• Find out what type of payment the driver will be able to handle, Cash, Check or Card.
• When scheduling a PICK-UP, they will be able to tell you what day their driver is in your area.
• If you call the office and inquire about pick-up vs. if you deliver it, sometimes, depending on the agent you get on the phone, they will give a $5-10 discount if you deliver it, then you will need to remind them once you are there.